Recycling Reform in Maine
Maine is paving the way for recycling reform in the United States.
"As a Maine-based business, we’re working hard to do the right thing for our environment with our zero waste commitment. While local businesses like mine can take steps to reduce waste, we also need the big corporations that produce packaging materials to do their part too. That’s why I support the EPR for Packaging law being backed by NRCM and Maine’s municipalities.”. ~ Jodi Breau
By adopting a proven solution called Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) for Packaging, Maine gives our cities and towns much-needed resources to improve the long-term effectiveness of recycling. At the same time, EPR will create an incentive for companies to reduce wasteful packaging.
If you live in Maine, or know someone who does, we encourage you to get involved by spreading the word, and showing your support recycling reforms in Maine.
How You Can Help Reform Recycling in Maine
- Sign the petition and add your name to the growing list of more than 1,600 Mainers who support recycling reform in Maine.
- Spread the word! Share the petition with your friends and family.
- Write to your state legislators and ask them to support EPR for Packaging for Maine.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local paper in support of EPR for Packaging, and the shift of recycling costs from taxpayers to producers of packaging.
- Contact your municipal officials. Share with them our letter asking Maine's towns and cities to adopt a resolution to support Recycling Reform for Maine.